The Pittsburgh Pirates are currently looking for students to fill a new Diversity Initiative Internship.
Diversity Initiative Internship
This intern will work in conjunction with the Community and Public Affairs Department with the execution of community programs, events, and program development. Programs include Heritage Weekend, Disability Awareness, Latino Celebration, Summer reading programs, Youth Baseball & Softball initiatives etc. Intern will also assist with events for the department which may include game day support and Pirates Charities events. Special focus on Diversity Initiatives and programs around specific target audiences.
• Assist in the development and coordination of major events including diversity outreach, reading programs, Heritage Weekend, etc.
• Handle general office duties such as data entry, copying, filing, etc.
• Develop and manage the Pirates diversity database.
• Represent the organization at community functions where key community contacts may be in attendance.
• Coordinate ticket distribution programs through outreach to non-profit organizations and community groups (i.e. Awareness Series/Give-Back Days).
• All other duties as assigned by the Manager of Diversity Initiatives.
• Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited institution.
• Candidates majoring in Business Administration, Communications, Sports Management, or related area.
• Junior, Senior, or Graduate level students.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.)
All interested candidates can apply online by visiting careers.pirates.com. A cover letter, resume, and references are required for submission.
Post written by Greg Chapman