Description: The internship offers the candidate an opportunity to get involved in an early stage international venture and to make important contributions regarding products and markets.
A seasoned entrepreneur is building a business plan for launching a for-profit business in Cambodia, seeking to leverage that country’s comparative advantages for the development and marketing of products made from bamboo. The objective of the enterprise is to build a triple bottom line measured by financial profit, environmental sustainability, and social advancement.
The Intern will be guided by the entrepreneur and will be responsible for contributions including:
- Evaluating the Bamboo Flooring Market in the US and Europe, analyzing product types, customer preferences, sales trends.
- Evaluating US distribution channels for bamboo flooring, describing the flow of goods, buyers, pricing and tradeoffs among the various channels.
- Conducting pricing analysis on bamboo flooring sold in the US.
- Making recommendations on positioning, distribution, and sales.
- Conducting competitor analysis on manufacturers and distributors of bamboo flooring.
- Evaluating market opportunities in the US and Europe for toys made from bamboo.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and explore
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to use internet to dig and to find answers
- Ability to summarize thoughts in prose and concepts in graphics
*This is an unpaid internship. The intern will gain functional experience in Marketing and Strategic Analysis, and will understand the entrepreneurial process and key elements of international business.
The internship hours are flexible. There will be milestones and weekly meetings with the entrepreneur. The internship will begin in May 2012 and will end in the first week of August 3, 2012.
If Interested, contact David Palmer at email@example.com or (412)327-5158
Post written by Kelly Kane